There is no doubt that lamb chops are more expensive than other types of meat, but they are also the tastiest. Some call the flavor “gamey,” but we like to call them a small piece of heaven if they’re cooked correctly.
As lamb chops are supposed to be tender and juicy, it is important to maintain their moist texture when reheating them. When you overcook or overheat your favorite chops, they will become unpleasantly chewy.
Let’s take a look at a few ways to reheat your delicious lamb chops in the following article. Then, we will discuss the best ways to store lamb chops so that you can enjoy this delicacy for a long time.
A few tips for reheating lamb chops to perfection
If you want to reheat your lamb chops, you have several options. It can be done using a microwave, oven, grill, stove, etc. You can choose the method that is most convenient for you.
1. Using the microwave to reheat lamb chops
Reheating your lamb chops in a microwave is the most convenient method. Not only does it prevent you from making a mess in the kitchen, but it is also the best method for people on a tight schedule.
- Place the lamb chops in a microwave-safe dish.
- In order to keep lamb chops from getting chewy in a microwave, pour 2-3 tablespoons of juice, stock, or broth over them.
- Start by microwaving for 30 seconds.
- The chops should be hot by this point. If not, repeat on a high setting for 30 seconds.
- Remove and transfer to a new plate.
- Serve hot & Enjoy
2. Reheating Lamb Chops in an Oven
When you reheat lamb chops in the oven, you can control the temperature and tenderness of the meat.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Lay your lamb chops on an oven baking tray and cover them with two layers of aluminum foil.
- Bake the lamb chops for seven minutes in the oven.
- Take out the tray and flip the chops.
- Bake them for an additional 5 minutes.
- Continue the process two more times, and your lamb chops will be ready to eat.
3. Using Grill For Reheating Lamb Chops
In addition to reheating lamb chops, we suggest using a grill if you want to add some unique flavor to them.
- Start by preheating your grill to 400°F.
- Spread over the lamb chops on the grill without any piling up.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the lamb chops and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Let them rest for another 2-3 minutes, and then transfer them to a plate.
4. How to Use Stove To Reheat Lamb Chops
If you like your meat to be extra juice, we suggest reheating your lamb chops in a skillet.
- Take a skillet and place it over medium heat.
- Add a few drops of olive oil or some butter.
- Once the liquid is heated, place the lamb chops in the skillet.
- Cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep on flipping them to get that texture right.
- Turn off the stove and transfer the lamb chops to a different plate.
5. Reheating Lamb Chops in a Steamer
Reheating lamb chops in a steamer might not be conventional, but it certainly gets the work done. It heats them quickly without compromising on the texture.
However, this method is not applicable for lamb chops that are covered in any kind of sauce. Moreover, cooking or reheating the lamb chops in the steamer for more time will make them chewy. So it is necessary to stay on top of the timer when it comes to using a steamer.
- Bring the water to a boil in a streamer. You can also use broth instead.
- Place the lamb chops in the basket and cover the steamer with a lid.
- Let them cook for 2-3 minutes while flipping them regularly.
- Once the lamb chops reach 165°F, remove them and serve hot.
6. Reheating It in an Air Fryer
An air fryer will help you keep your lamb chops crispy on the outside and juice on the inside.
- Start by getting the air fryer to 300°F.
- Place an aluminum foil on the bottom of the air fryer basket and spread out the lamb chops.
- Reheat for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.
How do you Reheat lamb chops without drying them out?
The best way to reheat lamb chops is by popping them in the oven while wrapping them with foil. You can also sprinkle some water over it to prevent it from drying out.
How Do You Reheat Frozen Lamb?
Place the frozen lamb on a microwave-safe plate and pop it in the microwave with a “defrost” option. Keep on checking the edges of the lamb. If they feel lamb, you can take it out. If not, you can repeat the process.
How do you Reheat slow-cooked lamb?
If you have a slow-cooked lamb, it is best to remove it from the fridge for at least 3 hours before reheating it. After that, you can place it in the oven for a few minutes for reheating.
How should Lamb Chops be stored?
As long as you store your lamb chops properly, you will be able to use the correct reheating method.
What is the shelf life of lamb in the fridge?
If the lamb is uncooked, it must be stored in a freezer or a refrigerator. If you are going to use the lamb chops in less than two days, we suggest keeping them in their original packaging at 40°F.
On the other hand, if the lamb chops are not going to be used for a couple of days, you must store them in your freezer at 32°F or less. This gives you the window of using the lamb chops for 4 months.
Author’s Note: Place the lamb chops on a plate while refrigerating them to avoid creating a mess in your refrigerator. Since there are chances of the juices leaking through, it is best to use the plate as a shield.
Is it possible to freeze uncooked and cooked lamb chops?
Meat experts recommend freezing lamb chops if you want to retain their freshness and quality for a long period (up to 12 months).
You can start by wrapping the lamb chops with heavy-duty aluminum foil or plastic wrap. This will prevent any moisture from seeping it. Place it in the freezer to store it for a long period.
How to Thaw and Reheat Lamb Chops? (Noobs Guide)
The three best ways to thaw frozen lamb chops are:
Simply transfer the lamb chops from the freezer to the refrigerator and let them sit overnight.
2. Cold Water
Transfer the lamb chops to a bowl of cold water. This will help you fasten the defrosting method.
If time is a limitation, you can microwave frozen lamb chops for 10-20 seconds. After which, you can use any of the aforementioned heating techniques.
Can You Reheat Lamb Twice & Can You Say It More Than Once?
You can reheat the lamb chops as many times as you like. The texture and juiciness will remain intact as far as you are using the right reheating method and the temperature of the lamb chops reaches 165°F.
But it is best to finish off the lamb chops within 2-3 days after preparing them.
Which are the best side dishes after reheating your lamb chops?
Some of the best sides for lamb chops include scalloped potatoes, glazed carrots, lemon dill rice, cucumber salad, honey-roasted veggies, mint chutney, garlic bread, and sweet potato fries. In case you aren’t a fan of lamb, you can read our article on Best Substitutes For Lamb.
Is it possible to reheat lamb in gravy?
If you want to reheat lamb in gravy, transfer the gravy into a pan and place it on the stove. Once it reaches a simmer, remove it from the heat. Then place the lamb chops in the gravy and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
Can you cook lamb chops ahead of time?
Yes, you can cook lamb chops ahead of time. When the time comes, you can simply reheat it in the oven or microwave.
Can I refreeze defrosted raw lamb?
As long as you are undertaking proper freezing techniques, you can refreeze defrosted raw lamb multiple times.
Lamb chops are certainly a way to anybody’s heart as long as they are cooked correctly. Moreover, you can enjoy their delicious taste even the next day with the correct reheating method.
As far as the seasonings are concerned, we love garlic powder, chili powder (make sure your chili powder isn’t gone bad), coriander, basil, sage, mint, etc. Which are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Michael A. Antoine is a Sr. Chef at one of the leading chains of restaurants in the USA. He might raise hell in his kitchen, but his deep and practical knowledge about food and recipes helps us give you the best and tastiest recipes.