Are the leftover Taco Bell tacos or burritos from the previous night looking at you and seducing your taste buds? Well, you can’t expect the tacos to hold their crunchiness for 15 minutes, let alone the entire night. Moreover, it is also possible for your favorite burritos to get watery and, well, gross.
But you can revive that perfect taste and texture by reheating them correctly. Most of the Taco Bell food items can be reheated in the microwave without affecting the quality.
But if you want to make the best of Taco Bell leftovers, you will have to undertake a few extra steps. Don’t worry; we have got you covered with the following article, where we shall give you a few tips and tricks to reheat the best foot items on the Taco Bell menu.
Best Ways to Reheat Your Taco Bell Food Items
“Live Más” encapsulates the philosophy of Taco Bell of providing something lively and delicious for everybody. This justifies its wide menu, containing the famous tacos, burritos, nachos, quesadillas, etc.
To provide an extensive answer, we shall explain a few ways to reheat several Taco Bell items so that you do not make a mess in your kitchen for nothing.
Ways to Reheat Taco from Taco Bell
Since Taco Bell is known for its scrumptious tacos, let us begin with the ways to reheat them.
How to reheat a taco bell in a microwave?
Microwaving is the easiest option, so let’s start with that.
Here are the steps to reheat taco bell in the microwave:
- Remove the tacos from the refrigerator and keep them outside for a few minutes before popping them into the microwave.
- Remove the beans, meat, and other fillings from the taco shell and keep them aside.
- Take a microwave-safe bowl and place a wet paper cloth on it to remove the moisture.
- Place the taco shell in the microwave and reheat it for 30 seconds.
- Reheat for 30 seconds if it is still cold.
- Remove the taco shell and reheat the meat and the beans for 45 seconds.
- Place the ingredients in the taco shell and enjoy.
How To Reheat Taco Bell in an oven?
If not microwave, you can also use your oven to reheat taco bell.
Here are the steps to reheat taco bell in the oven:
- Remove all the fillings from the taco shell.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Using aluminum foil, wrap the taco and place it in a baking pan and toss it in the oven.
- Let the taco shell cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- If you have meat in your taco, heat it for 5 minutes.
- Assemble your taco and devour it.
How To Reheat a Taco Bell on a stove?
Do not toss away your leftover taco bell if you do not have a microwave or oven. You can also use a stove to reheat taco bell.
Here are the steps to reheat taco bell on a stove:
- Take a non-stick frying pan and add some oil to it.
- Remove the fillings from the tacos and keep them aside.
- Place the shell in the pan and close the lid.
- Flip it after a few minutes.
- Remove the shell and add the fillings to the same pan. You can also reheat it in a microwave for your convenience.
- Put the pieces together, and voila! A brand new taco is coming your way.
How To Reheat Taco Bell on a Grill?
Use a grill to ensure retaining the crispiness of your taco bell.
Here are the steps to reheat taco bell on the grill:
- Take your taco shell and wrap them in aluminum foil.
- Place it on the grill and close the lid.
- Let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the ingredients and fillings and serve fresh.
Author’s Note: Grilling is the best option for reheating soft tacos.
How To Reheat Taco Bell in the Air Fryer?
If you have an air fryer at your disposal, you can reheat taco bell without making any mess.
Here are the steps to reheat taco bell in the air fryer:
- Remove the vegetables from your tacos along with any sauces.
- Place the taco in the air fryer for 400°F.
- Let it heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove it and top it off with the vegetables and sauces.
Ways to Reheat Quesadillas from Taco Bell
Now that we are done with tacos, we shall move on to the other types of food served at Taco Bell, starting with quesadillas.
1. Reheating Quesadillas with a Grill/ Sandwich maker
- Place the quesadilla on the grill or in a sandwich press.
- Close the lid and reheat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Clean the mess and enjoy the hot and tasty quesadillas
If you do not like making a mess, we suggest trying an alternative method.
2. Reheating Quesadillas with a Toaster Oven
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F.
- Place the quesadilla and heat it up for 3 minutes.
- Remove it carefully with mittens and serve hot.
Ways to Reheat Nachos from Taco Bell
People are afraid to reheat the nachos since they are worried about them turning soggy. However, with the right method, you can reheat the nachos without messing around with their crispiness and texture.
1. Reheating Nachos on a Skillet
- Remove the fillings from the nachos like meat or beans.
- Spread the nachos on a skillet and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Let them reheat for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the nachos and add the toppings.
2. Reheating Nachos in an Oven
- Remove the nachos and spread them on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Let it be reheated for 10 minutes.
- Remove the nachos and add the toppings.
- Serve hot with some sauces and dips.
Ways to Reheat Gordita from Taco Bell
If you are a fan of those flaming hot Gordiatas, we are sure you have leftovers every time you visit or order from Taco Bell.
It needs to be reheated in the right manner to avoid getting it all soggy.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the toppings from the Gordita without removing the cheese or meat. Simply take out the veggies like lettuce, tomato, etc.
- Toss the gordita in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove it and add the toppings.
- Serve hot.
Is a Taco Bell Burrito Good the Next Day?
Since burritos are easy to reheat, you shouldn’t have to worry about ruining the taste. You can reheat them in one of the following ways to enjoy their taste the following day.
1. Reheating Burritos in an Oven
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Wrap your burrito in aluminum foil and toss it in the oven.
- Reheat for 30 minutes.
- Remove the burrito and serve hot.
If the first method is too time-consuming, we suggest an alternative.
2. Reheating Burritos in a Microwave
- Remove the toppings from the burrito and place them in a microwave-safe dish.
- Heat it for one minute and flip it.
- Heat it again for one more minute.
- Add the cold toppings and enjoy.
Can You Eat Leftover Taco Bell?
Taco bell meals are good for two days after they are prepared. You can reheat tacos, nachos, burritos, etc., easily at home and enjoy the leftovers with the same delicious taste.
How do you store leftover Taco Bell?
The best way to store Taco Bell leftovers is by placing them in an airtight container. Toss them in the refrigerator to maintain their taste.
Can You Reheat Taco Bell?
Yes, given the right heating circumstances, it is possible to reheat Taco Bell. One can use an oven, microwave, or stovetop to reheat their Taco Bell.
How long should you reheat the Taco Bell burrito?
Baking it for 30 minutes while wrapping the burrito in foil paper is advisable to reheat the Taco Bell burrito properly.
Reheating leftovers is not rocket science, but you don’t want to eat soggy foods, do you? When it comes to Taco Bell, they sell taste along with crunchiness, and it is necessary to maintain both aspects.
Do try the aforementioned techniques and let us know in the comments below whether they worked for you or not.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Michael A. Antoine is a Sr. Chef at one of the leading chains of restaurants in the USA. He might raise hell in his kitchen, but his deep and practical knowledge about food and recipes helps us give you the best and tastiest recipes.